South Kitsap Helpline Assistant Truck Driver
- Assisting with coordinating, picking up and unloading grocery store, convenience store and restaurant donations as well as TEFAP commodities, Food Lifeline and Northwest Harvest food donations.
- Assisting with other miscellaneous pick-ups as necessary (dropping off and picking up food donation barrels at local businesses, picking up community food drive donations).
- Assisting with accurately tracking the value of donated product on a spreadsheet after pick-ups and providing information to our administrative office for data entry and reports on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with basic vehicle checks to ensure that all Helpline vehicles are in good working order; regularly checks oil, tires, coolants and ensuring that vehicles have adequate gas for required trips and is responsible for notifying supervisor of any problems or concerns with vehicles.
- Filling in and serving as the primary truck driver when that driver has days off.
This employee reports directly to the Director of Agency Food Operations and ultimately to the Agency Executive Director. This employee is expected to work cohesively with and to communicate effectively and professionally with other agency staff, board, volunteers, vendors, clients, customers and the general public at all times.
Regularly scheduled days are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Shifts are early mornings through early afternoons and are approximately 6.5 hours daily up to 20 hours per week.
Additional days and hours can be added as needed upon mutual agreement.
This is a physical job, lifting and bending is required for loading and unloading bulk food and pallets. No CDL is needed but a clean driving record is required.
This position starts at $17.50 per hour. Benefits include a $250 monthly medical stipend as well as the opportunity to participate in an employer-matched 401(K) retirement plan if desired.
No deadline, position will remain open until filled.